Cucumber Chana Dal Recipe is a unique mix of Cucumber in normal chana dal to give it extra taste.
This dal is is low in calories and carbohydrates. Suitable for Weight loss.
One preparation will give 1 serving to 4 people.
One serving of Cucumber Chana dal will give 155 calories.
Ingredients of Cucumber Chana Dal
3/4 cup chana dal (split bengal gram)
1/2 cup cucumber, finely chopped
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/8 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
How to prepare Cucumber Chana Dal
1. Wash chana dal with water and soak it for about 1 hour. Drain the water and keep the dal aside.
2. Add 2 cups of water and soaked dal in a pressure cooker and cook for about 10-15 minutes.
3. Heat the oil on medium flame in a pan and add cumin seeds. When the seeds begin to crackle add cooked dal, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add salt and cucumber pieces and cook for 10-15 minutes on low flame. Let the cucumber get tender and crisp.
5. Add some water if the dal seems thick.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.