Karela Kadhi Recipe is suitable for diabetic people. This unique dish is helpful to beat summer heat and it is low calorie too. Taste best with steamed rice.
One preparation will give 1 serving for 4 people
Each serving of Karela Kadhi will give 68 calories
Ingredients of Karela Kadhi Recipe
1/4 cup bitter gourd (karela) finely chopped
1 cup low fat curd (dahi)
2 tbsp besan (Bengal gram flour)
1 tsp oil
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander leaves
salt to taste
How to prepare Karela Kadhi Recipe
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of water, besan and curd in a bowl and mix well. Whisk well so that no lumps are formed and paste is smooth.
2. Heat some oil in a pan on medium flame and add onion. Saute till onions turn light brown.
3. Add bitter gourd pieces and salt to cook for 3 to 5 minutes.Bitter gourd pieces should turn soft.
4. Add besan-curd-water mix, salt, ginger-green chilli paste and mix them well. Bring this mix to boil. Stir in between.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.