Mah ki Dal is a celebrated delicacy from Punjabi. This is the low calorie version specially made for weight loss and diabetes people.
One preparation of Mah ki dal recipe will give 1 serving for 4 people.
Each serving of Mah ki dal recipe will give 138 calories.
Ingredients for Mah ki Dal Recipe
- 3/4 cup urad dal with skin (split black gram with skin)
- 1 cup onion, grated
- 1 cup tomato, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tsp coriander-cumin (dhaniya-jeera) powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 cup low fat curd (dahi)
- 1 small piece (50mm) ginger
- 1 tsp green chilly finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
How to prepare Mah ki Dal Recipe
- Clean the urad dal and soak it in water for about 2 to 3 hours. Drain the water and keep the dal aside.
- Prepare a smooth paste using ginger, green chillies and cloves using some water.Keep aside.
- Add 1 1/2 cup water, urad dal and onions in pressure cooker and cook for about 3 whistles. Release the pressure and open the lid.Mix the dal well with a whisk.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, ginger-chilli-garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder and salt. Mix everything well and cook for about 7 to 8 minutes on a low flame.
- Add low-fat curd and mix it well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.