Methi Toor Dal Recipe is a very nutritious and healthy version of Dal. It tastes great with Roti and Rice.
Low in calories, low in carbohydrates, this dal is suitable for weight loss.
One preparation will give you one serving for 6 people.
Each serving has 110 calories.
Ingredients of Methi Toor Dal Recipe
1 cup toor dal (arhar)
1 cup fenugreek (methi) leaves, finely chopped
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp oil
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
4 -5 curry leaves
1 1/2 tsp grated jaggery (gur)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp green chilli paste
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
How to prepare Methi Toor Dal
1. Add 3 cups of water,toor dal, turmeric powder, salt in a pressure cooker and cook until 3 whistles.
2. Open the lid after removing the steam and whisk the dal. keep aside for some time.
3. Add oil in a pan and put the cumin seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add asafoetida and curry leaves and saute on medium flame for 10 seconds.
4. Add the whisked dal, fenugreek leaves, jaggery, chilli powder, green chilli-garlic paste and salt in the pan. Mix them well and cook for 3-5 minutes on medium flame. Stir occasionally.
5. Add some lemon juice and serve hot.