Palak Toor Dal Recipe is a Rajasthani Curry which is rich in calcium and iron. Low calorie curry is good weight loss food.
One preparation of Palak Toor Dal Recipe will give 1 servings for 4 people.
Each serving of Palak Toor Dal Recipe will give 118 Calories.
Ingredients of Palak Toor Dal Recipe
2 cups spinach (palak) chopped
1/2 cup Toor dal (arhar)
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 bayleaves (tej patta)
2 cloves (laung)
2 dry kashmiri red chilli
1 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/8 tsp asafoetida
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
salt to taste
How to prepare Palak Toor Dal Recipe
1. Keep toor dal soaked for about 3 hours. Drain water and keep the dal aside.
2. Add toor dal, spinach, ginger paste, green chilli, turmeric powder and salt in a pressure cook. Put 3 cups of water and cook for 2 whistles.
3. As the steam escapes, open the lid and add the dal in a hand blender to make a coarse mixture. Keep it aside for some time.
4. Prepare the tempering by adding oil in a pan heated on medium flame with cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves, red chilli and asafoetida and saute for 1 minute.
5. Add the tempering to the cooked dal. Add chilli powder, mix and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. Stir the mixture in between.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.