Spicy Tomato Kadhi is a unique kind of Kadhi recipe with a tangy taste of tomato. This is a low calorie recipe suitable for weight loss.
One preparation will give you one serving for 4 people
Calories in each serving: 55
Each serving will give you 55 Calories.
Ingredients of Spicy Tomato Kadhi
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp besan
1 tsp oil
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 pinch asafoetida
1/2 tsp mustard seeds (sarson)
1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
1/2 tsp green chilli, finely chopped
6 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 cinnamon stick (dal chini)
2 cloves (laung)
2 tsp grated jaggery (gur)
1 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
How to prepare Spicy Tomato Kadhi
1. Add 1/2 cup of water and chopped tomatoes in a pan and cook on medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes. Allow it to cool and make smooth puree in a blender. Keep aside.
2. Heat some oil in a pan on medium flame and add mustard and cumin seeds. When the seeds began to crackle, add besan, green chilli, curry leaves, cloves and cinnamon. Mix them well and cook on medium flame for 3 minutes.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida, tomato puree with 1-1/2 cups of water. Mix them well and bring to boil on high flame. Keep stirring the mix occasionally.
4. Add salt and jaggery and mix well. Reduce the flame to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.