Healthy and nutritious kadhi with the goodness of sprouts for a good weight loss diet.
One preparation of Spouts Kadhi Recipe will give 1 serving to 4 people.
Each serving of Sprouts Kadhi recipe will give 110 calories.
Ingredients of Sprouts Kadhi Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup low fat curd (dahi)
- 3 tsp bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 1/2 cup mixed sprouts (moong, chana etc)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 3 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp green chilli paste
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsbp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
How to prepare Sprouts Kadhi Recipe
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker on medium flame and add cumin seed and mustard seeds.
- Let the seeds crackle and then add red chillies, asafoetida and bay leaf and saute few 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water, mix sprouts, green chilli paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook until 3 whistles.Release the steam and open the lid.
- Take a deep bowl and add besan, curd and 1/2 cup water. Mix them well with a blender so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the cud-besan mix to the sprouts mix in the cooker and cook for 5 minutes on a medium flame. Keep stirring the mixture continuously.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.