Torai in Moong Dal is a another healthy variation of simple moong dal.
By adding Torai in the dal we get extra fiber and proteins. Easy, simple and nutritious dal.
This recipe will suffice 1 serving to 4 people.
Calories in each serving :56
One serving of Dal will give you only 56 calories.
Ingredients of Torai in Moong Dal Recipe
1/4 cup moong dal (split yellow gram)
1 1/2 cup ridge gourd (torai), peeled and chopped in small pieces
1 tsp oil
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 pinch asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp red pepper powder
1/4 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp coriander leaves, freshly chopped
salt to taste
How to prepare Torai in Moong Dal
1. Wash the moong dal in water and clean it thoroughly.
2. Add 2 cups of water, turmeric powder, moong dal, onion, torai, ginger-green chilli paste in a pressure cooker and cook until 3 whistles and the dal is cooked.
3. Prepare tempring in a separate pan. heat some oil and add cumin seeds to crackle. Add asafoetida, red pepper powder and garam masala and fry for 1 minute.
4. Pour the tempering on the cooked dal. Add salt and cook for 5-8 minutes on medium flame.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.